Love opera or dance? Become a Michigan Opera Theatre volunteer.
Volunteers are the heart of Michigan Opera Theatre and the Detroit Opera House. Members of the Michigan Opera Theatre Volunteer Association (MOTVA) become a part of the Michigan Opera Theatre family and perform a number of vital tasks—everything from ushering to working in the boutique to coordinating the annual Bravo Bravo! event.
MOTVA membership is $35 annually; $25 for Ushers. Student membership is $10 with valid student ID.
Michigan Opera Theatre Volunteer Needs
- Opera House Ushers – Assist with taking tickets at the door and seating patrons for performances.
- Young Professionals – Young professionals meet and socialize with others who share interest in the revitalization of the Detroit Opera House. Young professionals also help coordinate and plan the highly-anticipated annual fundraiser, Bravo Bravo!
- Opera House Ambassadors – Learn the fascinating history of the Detroit Opera House and share your expertise as you lead tours through the facility.
- Boutique – Assist in the selling of MOT merchandise during the season in the quaint Opera House boutique.
- Dance Council – Build an audience for dance at the Detroit Opera House through events that highlight, support and celebrate each production in the Dance Series.
- Divas and Divos – Introduce visiting artists to Detroit and help make their stay more enjoyable.
- Education and Outreach – Help create and promote art education programs that exist not only in Southeast Michigan but also throughout the entire state.
- Other Opportunities – There are many other opportunities to get involved as a MOTVA volunteer. Participate in all facets of the Volunteer Association including office duties that keep our wheels turning.