Vocal Auditions for the 2015-2016 Season
- When: May 12 & May 20 (by appointment only)
- Where: Detroit Opera House
- Prepare: A selection of music in English, a selection of music in a foreign language, sheet music for the pianist
- Note: All music must be memorized
2015-2016 Opera Season
- La Boheme (Puccini): Performances are October 17-25, 2015
- The Passenger (Weinberg): Performances are November 14-22, 2015
- Macbeth (Verdi): Performances are April 16-24, 2016
- The Magic Flute (Mozart) : Performances are May 14-22, 2016
To be considered for an audition, please email your vocal resume & picture to Elizabeth Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: CHORUS AUDITION.
Following review of resume you will be contacted to schedule an audition time. Vocalists of the Michigan Opera Theatre Chorus are members of the American Guild of Musical Artists Michigan Opera Theatre is an equal opportunity employer
Applicant Requirements for Coach/Accompanists
The initial application is considered the preliminary audition, and is due by June 1, 2015. Candidates invited to the final round will be notified by June 12 and invited to audition live on the stage of the Detroit Opera House on July 10. You are not guaranteed a live audition.
- Qualified candidates will have completed a Master’s Degree in piano performance or collaborative accompanying program, and will have previous experience working with singers and accompanying opera
- Candidates will have a substantial knowledge of the operatic repertoire, and the ability to interpret piano-vocal scores orchestrally
- Video recording or MP3 of accompaniment to a singer which demonstrates ability to collaborate with the singer
- Video recording or MP3 excerpts from a Mozart opera, a standard 19th century opera and a contemporary opera (each excerpt should be from five to 10 minutes in duration)
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals in the field
- All application information should be emailed to email@example.com
- Sight reading
- Candidates will be asked to accompany a singer
- Finalists will receive up to $400.00 in travel reimbursement
For more information about working with our chorus, please see our Chorus Information page.