Michigan Opera Theatre Jobs & Part-Time Opportunities
Michigan Opera Theatre, a non-profit organization, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Michigan Opera Theatre is supported by private donations, foundation and corporate grants, the State of Michigan through the Michigan Council for the Arts and Cultural Affairs, and by the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal Agency.
Learn how you can become a volunteer at Michigan Opera Theatre.
DATA RESOURCES COORDINATOR
JOB TITLE: Data Resources Coordinator DATE: August 3, 2015
CLASS: Regular Full-Time Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Data Resources Coordinator is the “data champion” for MOT. S/he is passionate about and promotes the concepts of data governance and data management throughout the organization. S/he is responsible for developing and implementing solid guidelines, procedures and processes to ensure data quality improvement through data stewardship. S/he supports the business goals of the company by entering, extracting and reporting on data for the Patron Management Team.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead an internal Quality Improvement Team and work with members proactively to drive Tessitura and data management initiatives.
- Establish standards and protocols for all Tessitura data entry.
- Maintain the integrity of the data base.
- Provide training for team members to facilitate individually produced, regularly needed data tracking and reporting.
- Provide data on a regular basis to inform marketing decisions.
- Process contributions, event registrations and membership dues in a timely manner.
- Create complex mailing lists and reports for direct mail pieces supporting direct mail for marketing, events and fundraising solicitations.
- Establish the use of the report server to produce reports for members of the Patron Management Team as well as the office of the President.
- Provide data for grant reports and applications as requested.
- Project a mature, professional image at all times and provide responsive, high quality follow-up to internal and external inquiries in a manner that is complete and timely.
- At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors, subordinates, colleagues, and members of the community.
- Assist when needed with answering phones, reminder calls, or event registration.
- Additional tasks assigned by direct supervisor.
Bachelor Degree or higher preferred.
Five-plus years of experience working with and managing a relational database.
Demonstration of positive experiences interfacing with the Finance Department in prior employment situations.
A detail-oriented penchant for and a love of precision.
Sound understanding of basic accounting principles.
Well-rounded interpersonal and clear communication skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Access, basic SQL programming, and/or Tessitura Software is a bonus.
Ability to work well under pressure, meets multiple and often competing deadlines.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits package.
To Apply for this position in confidence, send resume and cover letter to: Patricia Walker at P.Walker.LLC@gmail.com
Michigan Opera Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in our workforce.
Assistant Technical Director / Assistant Lighting Designer
In 1996 Michigan Opera Theatre, the major producer of opera and dance in Southeast Michigan, completed renovations on the 1922 Capitol Theatre, re-opening it as the Detroit Opera House. The DOH is home to the opera and dance productions of Michigan Opera Theatre as well as Broadway shows, concerts and smaller events.
The Assistant Technical Director/ Assistant Lighting Designer works directly with the Technical Director supervising and managing productions and events at the Detroit Opera House. The ATD/ALD assumes responsibility for stage operations in the absence of the TD. ALD also acts as the house Lighting Designer for many in-house productions annually.
For opera and dance productions (approx. 10 per year), the ATD/ ALD acts primarily as an Assistant Lighting Designer and is responsible for:
– Assisting the TD with show planning (drafting, ordering, scheduling, etc.)
– Drafting Light Plots and Show Plans as Necessary
– Working closely with the DOH ME to create Rental Packages and Color and Template Orders (Shop Orders)
– Supervising the DOH IATSE crew during light hangs and focusing
– Assisting the Opera LDs with focus, queuing, channel check, running shows by calling follow spot cues, etc.
– Maintaining show paperwork, such as Lightwright files, light and follow spot cue sheets, focus charts, moving light tracking sheets, etc.
– Liaising between the Production Stage Manager and the Lighting Designer, assisting in keeping cue placements and other show data accurate
– Acting as Lighting Designer for the Michigan Opera Theatre Children’s Chorus
– Liaising with the ALD & ATD for MOT’s annual touring opera, assisting with coordinating production departments at each venue.
– Occasional pickups in MOT’s full-size Van or 26’ Box Truck
The Detroit Opera House, in addition to the opera and dance productions, hosts many events throughout the year ranging from weddings and lectures to Broadway touring shows. For events the ATD/ ALD is responsible for:
– Assisting TD with advancing and supervising events, scheduling union crews & coordination between productions
– Maintain Lighting Systems (maintain records, schedule repair & maintenance by union crew/ outside vendors as nec.)
– Maintain accurate inventories of Lighting equipment
– Assist in managing warehouse spaces
The ATD/ ALD position is a 44 week contract.
This position requires weekend and evening hours. Weekly schedule varies.
Salary competitive, benefit package offered.
For full consideration applications should be submitted by July 17, 2015.
Dan Brinker, Technical Director
Michigan Opera Theatre
Applications may be by post or e-mail and should include cover letter, resume, references and contact information.
Sell Subscriptions for MOT
Be a voice for the Michigan Opera Theatre.
Looking for a few outstanding phone reps to call opera patrons for subscriptions. This is a part-time position. Mondays-Thursdays, 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. (availability to start as early as 3:00 preferred) and Saturday mornings.
Creative, exciting atmosphere.
Ideal second job. Ideal job for recently retired professional.
Perks include Free Tickets.
If you are a great communicator, motivated and dependable, please call (313) 961-3500, option 6, extension 3208, and leave a message.
Similar experience preferred but not necessary. A passion for the Arts, and for Opera in particular, a plus!
Maintenance, Ushers, Bar Staff and Security
To apply for part-time maintenance, security, bar staff or staff usher positions, please pick up an application at the security desk at the Madison Avenue stage door entrance.
All other applicants please send your resume to:
Detroit Opera House
Detroit, MI 48226
You can also fax your resume to 313.237.3412.
Thank you for your interest in Michigan Opera Theatre and the Detroit Opera House!