Michigan Opera Theatre Jobs & Part-Time Opportunities
Michigan Opera Theatre, a non-profit organization, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Michigan Opera Theatre is supported by private donations, foundation and corporate grants, the State of Michigan through the Michigan Council for the Arts and Cultural Affairs, and by the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal Agency.
Learn how you can become a volunteer at Michigan Opera Theatre.
The Technical Assistant is a full-time, SEASONAL position in the production department of the Michigan Opera Theatre reporting directly to the Technical Director.
- Maintaining shop stocks
- Purchasing/pick-up and delivery of equipment, tools, and materials
- Some planning and organizational responsibilities
- Overseeing two vehicles (van and 24’ truck)
- Assist with maintaining warehouse spaces
Assistant must be a dependable self-starter capable of working independently and as a part of a team. Ability to maintain professional demeanor in fast paced, potentially stressful work situations is necessary.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record.
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with or willingness to learn to drive 24’ truck.
- Ability to carry packages up to 50 lbs and moving cases/crates on wheels.
- Good attitude: ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization, willingness to learn.
- Accurate record-keeping for purchasing, shipping, and receiving.
- Experience in Technical Theatre helpful but not required.
- Additional responsibilities may be added depending on work load and applicant’s experience.
Schedule is flexible-generally business hours expected, some evening and weekend hours are necessary.
Typical dates of employment (varies)
March through May
October through December
Position available immediately.
Interested persons should send a letter and résumé to:
Dan Brinker, Technical Director \
Michigan Opera Theatre
Detroit, MI 48226
Michigan Opera Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
Sell Subscriptions for MOT
Be a voice for the Michigan Opera Theatre.
Looking for a few outstanding phone reps to call opera patrons for subscriptions. This is a part-time position. Mondays-Thursdays, 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. (availability to start as early as 3:00 preferred) and Saturday mornings.
Creative, exciting atmosphere.
Ideal second job. Ideal job for recently retired professional.
Perks include Free Tickets.
If you are a great communicator, motivated and dependable, please call (313) 961-3500, option 6, extension 3208, and leave a message.
Similar experience preferred but not necessary. A passion for the Arts, and for Opera in particular, a plus!
Parking Center Staff
The Herman Frankel | Opera House Parking Center is accepting applicants for the positions of cashier, attendant, and flagger. Call Bob or Paul at (313) 965-4052.
Maintenance, Ushers, Bar Staff and Security
To apply for part-time maintenance, security, bar staff or staff usher positions, please pick up an application at the security desk at the Madison Avenue stage door entrance.
All other applicants please send your resume to:
Detroit Opera House
Detroit, MI 48226
You can also fax your resume to 313.237.3412.
Thank you for your interest in Michigan Opera Theatre and the Detroit Opera House!