Michigan Opera Theatre Jobs & Part-Time Opportunities
Michigan Opera Theatre, a non-profit organization, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Michigan Opera Theatre is supported by private donations, foundation and corporate grants, the State of Michigan through the Michigan Council for the Arts and Cultural Affairs, and by the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal Agency.
Learn how you can become a volunteer at Michigan Opera Theatre.
Data Resources Coordinator
The Data Resources Coordinator develops, supports and manages data and data processes critical to the success of Michigan Opera Theatre’s management of its patrons.
- Lead the configuration, maintenance, development and set up of ticketing systems for MOT productions, seasons and other ticketed events within Tessitura and Ticketmaster. Build and maintain events on the Ticketmaster system and the Tessitura ticketing system as assigned
- Establish and maintain best practices around the use of data within Tessitura ticketing, ensuring and maintaining accurate data entry into Tessitura and training staff across the organization on data entry and extraction.
- Participate in establishing and enforcing Data Protection policies and PCI compliance regulations
- Deliver reporting and administration within Tessitura, including sales reporting and analysis.
- Provide data-driven business intelligence support to Marketing, Development and Finance departments and interpreting analytics
- With direction, work to devise and implement new integrated CRM and ticketing strategies
- Facilitate generation of lists, advanced data extractions, custom reports and ad hoc queries
- Work proactively with colleagues to drive Tessitura and data management initiatives.
- Maintain the integrity of the data base.
- Provide training for team members to facilitate individually produced, regularly needed data tracking and reporting. Develop and document processes and procedures to educate and train staff
- Provide data to inform marketing decisions, grant reports, and other business information needs.
- Create complex mailing lists and reports supporting direct mail for marketing, events and fundraising solicitations.
- Project a professional image at all times and provide responsive, high quality follow-up to internal and external inquiries in a manner that is complete and timely.
- At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors, subordinates, colleagues, and members of the community.
- Assist when needed with answering phones, reminder calls, or event registration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of experience working with and managing a relational database required.
- Proficiency in Tessitura revenue management system highly preferred. Experience building events in Tessitura and/or Ticketmaster or other ticketing system highly preferred.
- SQL programming knowledge and experience preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines is essential. Must be able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- A detail-oriented penchant for and a love of precision.
- Well-rounded interpersonal and clear communication skills.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits package
To Apply for this position in confidence, send resume and cover letter to:
The Technical Assistant is a full-time, SEASONAL position in the production department of the Michigan Opera Theatre reporting directly to the Technical Director.
- Maintaining shop stocks
- Purchasing/pick-up and delivery of equipment, tools, and materials
- Some planning and organizational responsibilities
- Overseeing two vehicles (van and 24’ truck)
- Assist with maintaining warehouse spaces
Assistant must be a dependable self-starter capable of working independently and as a part of a team. Ability to maintain professional demeanor in fast paced, potentially stressful work situations is necessary.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record.
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with or willingness to learn to drive 24’ truck.
- Ability to carry packages up to 50 lbs and moving cases/crates on wheels.
- Good attitude: ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization, willingness to learn.
- Accurate record-keeping for purchasing, shipping, and receiving.
- Experience in Technical Theatre helpful but not required.
- Additional responsibilities may be added depending on work load and applicant’s experience.
Schedule is flexible-generally business hours expected, some evening and weekend hours are necessary.
Typical dates of employment (varies)
March through May
October through December
Interested persons should send a letter and résumé to:
Dan Brinker, Technical Director
Michigan Opera Theatre
Detroit, MI 48226
Michigan Opera Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
Sell Subscriptions for MOT
Be a voice for the Michigan Opera Theatre.
Looking for a few outstanding phone reps to call opera patrons for subscriptions. This is a part-time position. Mondays-Thursdays, 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. (availability to start as early as 3:00 preferred) and Saturday mornings.
Creative, exciting atmosphere.
Ideal second job. Ideal job for recently retired professional.
Perks include Free Tickets.
If you are a great communicator, motivated and dependable, please call (313) 961-3500, option 6, extension 3208, and leave a message.
Similar experience preferred but not necessary. A passion for the Arts, and for Opera in particular, a plus!
Parking Center Staff
The Herman Frankel | Opera House Parking Center is accepting applicants for the positions of cashier, attendant, and flagger. Call Bob or Paul at (313) 965-4052.
Maintenance, Ushers, Bar Staff and Security
To apply for part-time maintenance, security, bar staff or staff usher positions, please pick up an application at the security desk at the Madison Avenue stage door entrance.
All other applicants please send your resume to:
Detroit Opera House
Detroit, MI 48226
You can also fax your resume to 313.237.3412.
Thank you for your interest in Michigan Opera Theatre and the Detroit Opera House!