Young professionals and students (ages 18-40) gain Access to the Detroit Opera House’s world-class opera and dance. Access is the perfect opportunity for those new to opera and dance to experience them on the highest level, and for more seasoned fans to mingle.
How do I get Access tickets?
- Sign up for Access email alerts.
- We’ll send you an alert two weeks before every Access event.
- Call the Ticket Office to reserve your Access tickets!
What do Access members receive?
- Main-floor seats to select opera and dance productions for over 50% off
- One complimentary specialty drink at an exclusive post-performance reception
- A chance to meet members of the cast
Why Subscribe to Access?
To subscribe, simple choose two or more events and receive the special subscription price of $30 per ticket. You can subscribe at any time.
- Guaranteed Seats – Many Access events sell out. Subscribing guarantees your tickets before they go on sale
- Save Money – After you’ve used your two $25 trial tickets, if you like what you see, you can continue to purchase Access single tickets for $40. Access subscription tickets are only $30 – another $25 off
Student & Senior Matinees
Student and senior dress rehearsals are a cost-effective way for student and senior groups to attend opera and dance performances at the Detroit Opera House. These special dress rehearsals of full Michigan Opera Theatre productions are available to student groups for $10 per student and to senior groups for $25 per senior.
For more information on Student and Senior Group Sales or to place an order, please Call Kim Gray at 313.965.4631 or e-mail: email@example.com
2015-16 Student/Senior Matinees
LA BOHÈME – Friday, October 16, 2015 – 11:00 a.m.
TOO HOT TO HANDEL – Friday, December 11, 2015 – 11:00 a.m.
One Hour Lecture/Demonstration DANCE THEATRE OF HARLEM – Friday, February 12, 2016 – 11:00 a.m.
THE TENDER LAND – Friday, March 11, 2016 – 11:00 a.m. (Macomb Center for the Performing Arts)
THE TENDER LAND – Friday, March 18, 2016 – 11:00 a.m. (Heinz C. Prechter Center for the Performing Arts)
MACBETH – Friday, April 15, 2016 – 11:00 a.m.
MOT Children’s Chorus THE MIKADO – Friday, April 29, 2016 – 11:00 a.m.
THE MAGIC FLUTE – Friday, May 13, 2016 – 11:00 a.m.
Performance Day Discounts
Student and senior discount tickets are decided per show, per day, based upon availability. Should discounted tickets become available, they will go on sale 90 minutes prior to show time.
- Students must present a school photo ID for up to two $25 tickets
- Seniors must have valid ID for one discounted ticket per senior (62+)
Bring your group to any opera or dance and save up to 25%. A “group” consists of 15 people or more, attending the same performance on the same day and time (seated in the same price class).
Policies and discounts may vary according to availability. Please contact Kim Gray at 313.965.4631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detroit Passport to the Arts (DP2A)
Detroit Passport to the Arts provides an introduction to the Detroit cultural scene for people 45 and under. With an affordable passport, DP2A offers an opportunity to experience Detroit and its culture with like-minded people. A passport provides access to six performances, including dance, opera, symphony, theatre, film and chamber music, followed by six social networking events.