Packing the Detroit Opera House, with an event capacity of 2,500, BravoBravo! has sold out annually since 2009. Specifically targeted to the young professional demographic in the metro Detroit area, this event caters to the 21-50 year old, predominantly educated, successful professional with a sincere interest in assisting with the support of this major cultural resource of the city of Detroit and the State of Michigan. Since launching this event in 1999, BravoBravo! has raised more than a million dollars. This much needed funding directly supports our artistic and educational endeavors and the continued improvement and sustainability of the Detroit Opera House. Entering our 14th year, BravoBravo! continues to work with the community by enlisting the support of local restaurants, businesses, musicians and volunteers.
Come help us transform our beautiful opera house into another world. We'll need your help Wednesday, June 5th, right up until we throw open the doors on June 7th.
Interested volunteers should send an email with their contact information to:
Media Credential Requirements
BravoBravo! media credentials are reserved for print, online and broadcast journalists working for a commercial news organization, who publish on a regular basis.
NOTE: Marketing, public relations, advertising, sales, managers, publishers, and other non-editorial professionals of media organizations are NOT eligible for media credentials.
A history of being registered at previous BravoBravo! events does not guarantee approval or waive the credential requirements. The BravoBravo! media committee will review your credentials and notify you within one week if you are approved or denied. Please note that completing the pre-registration process does not guarantee that you will receive media credentials.
The BravoBravo! media committee reserves the right to revoke media credentials/registration at any time. Media credentials will not be granted to anyone whose principal purpose for attending is, in our judgment, for a reason other than covering the event as working news media.
All requests for media credentials, including supporting documentation, should be sent to the Detroit Opera House Communications Coordinator.
Please Reveiw BravoBravo! Media Credential Requirements below:
Print & Newswire Reporters
To quailify as media, print and newswire journalists must provide:
* A bylined industry-related article from your publication writeen by you and published within the last six months; copy must clearly show publication's name, date, and your byline.
Freelance Reporters & Photographers
Freelance journalists must attend on behalf of at least one publication. Marketing, PR, and other industry executives who contribute bylined articles to news outlets are not eligible for media credentials. Freelance writers from unqualified media outlets are not eligible for press credentials. Qualifications of all media outlets will be determined by the BravoBravo! media committee.
To qualify as media, freelance journalists must provide BOTH:
* A letter from an editor or producer on organization letterhead stating that you are covering BravoBravo! on assignment for that news organization;
* A bylined, industry-related article from the publication written by you and published within the last six months; copy must clearly show publication's name, date, and your byline.
Only journalists with commercial news web sites qualify for BravoBravo! media credentials. Web sites must be previously established and updated regularly with original and current industry news. Fan sites, personal blogs or website writers, designers, editors, and creators do not qualify for media credentials.
Online media must meet all criteria below:
* The web site must have a paid reporting staff of two or more. The site must post original, dated, industry-related news at least once per week. Web content must extend beyond newsletters, links, forums, personal diaries, opinion, or personal analysis;
To qualify as media, online reporters must provide:
* A copy or link to your online publication with your name and title appearing in an edtorial capacity, including a bylined, industry-related article from your publication written by you and published within the last six months; the copy must clearly show publication's name, date, and your byline.
Broadcast Journalists & Photographers
Please note: Each member of a broadcast crew must register separately.
To qualify as media, broadcast journalists and photographers must provide:
* A letter from a producer/editor on company letterhead stating that you are covering BravoBravo! and on assignment.