20th Anniversary Celebration includes free tours
20th Anniversary Celebration of the Restoration and Re-Opening of the Detroit Opera House!
Sunday April 17, 2016
1:00 to 4:00 pm
All tours are filled.
Bring the entire family for a complimentary afternoon of fun!
- Exclusive costume exhibit
- History displays
- Help us celebrate two other iconic birthdays, with free samples of Sanders Bumpy Cake (100 years young) and Vernors Ginger Ale (150th anniversary) !
- Grab a seat in the theater and watch the WDIV Local 4 video of the historic reopening.
- Behind-the-scenes tours of the entire venue (during tour only)
- Enjoy musical interludes by the MOT Studio Artists (during tour only)
- Peek into rehearsals of Ballet Detroit & the MOT Children’s Chorus production of The Mikado (during tour only)
- Mini-performance of How Nanita Learned to Make Flan by select members of the MOT Community Programs Singers (during tour only)
Tours commence every 30 minutes from 1-4 pm
All tours are filled but come enjoy the videos and exhibits and Bumpy Cake!
Complimentary parking in the surface lot adjacent to the theater