The Mission of Michigan Opera Theatre is
to be one of the outstanding opera companies in the United States, and to serve as a major cultural resource to the city of Detroit and the state of Michigan. To achieve this mission, MOT is committed to the following goals:
- Presenting a broad repertoire of opera (defined to include musical theater works from opera to operetta and musicals) and dance of the highest artistic standards
- Making Michigan Opera Theatre works accessible to all segments of the population in a variety of ways including education
- Providing opportunities for all types of emerging operatic and dance talent, local and national performers, creators, technicians and administrators
- Remaining firmly committed to the production and presentation of American works
- Ensuring the permanence of the institution by developing broad-based financial stability
The Mission of the Detroit Opera House is:
• To serve as a world-class home for Michigan Opera Theatre.
• To provide a state-of-the-art venue for the production and presentation of performing arts.
• To create an atmosphere that enriches lives and fosters creativity through programming, partnerships and educational initiatives.
• To maintain an ambiance, through quality service and amenities, which is inclusive, accessible and enjoyable.